Thursday, May 28, 2009

Answered Prayer

A few days ago my pain level was 10+. No more Ibuprofen and no other pharmaceutical help. I could not sleep, the joint pain was unbearable and the pain in my legs from the effects of swelling was excruciating. We got the drugs and we got a recliner. One night of reprieve. Then it actually got worse.

For several days I could not rest and was in severe pain. I was at my wits end. My wife was at her wits end trying to find some relief for me. Then without my knowledge, she sent out a prayer request to several good friends.

Yesterday and today have been remarkably different.While I am not pain free, the pain level is usually about a 3 or 4. What a difference!

Most of my life has been spent praying for others. I have also always had people praying for me. There have been several specific times of answered prayer. This is the latest. And I thank God for his goodness and grace and I thank those who have prayed.

Alfred Loyd Tennyson wrote: "More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of." Yes, and Jesus said, "You have not because you ask not." Answered prayer, one of the many blessings of being a disciple of Jesus. "Thank you, Lord!"

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Thank you Jesus! I'm sO glad to hear it is that much better! Hang in there Journeyman!

    ReplyDelete