Monday, June 1, 2009

Blessed!

Blessed! That is the best way I can describe my life at this moment. Sure, there is still the inability to walk, the pain and the sense of uselessness. There are still some times of mild depression and blue periods of self pity.

However, I am so blessed. First of all, I am blessed with a wife, child and his family, his in-laws, my mother who genuinely care for me. I am especially blessed with a wife who devotes her life to caring for me.

I am also blessed with an overwhelming number of friends, colleagues and soul-mates who regularly call or write or visit and inquire of my condition and assure me of their prayers. Some call from out of state. Some visit from out of state. Some inquire from Venezuela. Everyone of them is praying for my surgery on June 10 at Northside Hospital in Atlanta.

So I am blessed. However, this weekend I sensed a new blessing in the presence of the Holy Spirit in my life. There is a tenderness of soul that is indicative in my life that God is working on me. It seems there will be some spiritual surgery to go along with the physical surgery.

In about a week I will voluntarily lay my life on a table before a man with a knife and tools beyond my comprehension. He will (I hope!) do all he can to improve and enhance my life. But to do that, he will actually injure me, cut on me and do other things that I do not want to contemplate.

In preparation for that surgery I am aware of the Great Physician doing his pre-surgery getting me ready for that day. I trust him completely and know he only wants what is for my good.

I do not know what the physical outcome of the surgery will be on June 10. However, I know in that surgical suite will be a number of doctors, but none more powerful and more competent and more loving than the Great Physician. His name is Jesus, Messiah, Lamb of God, Alpha and Omega, the great I Am, Savior, Lord, Prince of Peace...

Blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed you ARE! And I SEE Him working! That is wonderful! He will get you through it all!

    ReplyDelete